Let's Talk Resident Engagement Program
About the Program
Why did the city create this program?
In 2018, city officials heard loud and clear that residents want more and better opportunities to weigh in on issues that impact their neighborhoods. This resulted in the 2019 adoption of an updated Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS) by city council. The update was led by a 26-member Wheat Ridge resident committee.
The NRS is a citywide policy document that reflects a year of robust community input. The primary recommendation is for the city to conduct focused engagement of residents at the neighborhood level. Learn more about the NRS here Version OptionsLet's Talk Resident Engagement ProgramHeadline.
- Develop a thorough, well documented understanding of the issues and opportunities at the neighborhood level;
- Build trust between city staff and neighborhoods through demonstration that the city is listening and being responsive;
- Better empower neighborhoods to take initiative and work effectively with the city for positive outcomes that respond to neighborhood changes;
- Ensure that all neighborhoods in the city have an opportunity for focused listening and responsive actions from the city within approximately two year cycles; and
- Ensure that the feedback received during the engagement "blitz" is robust and represents a diversity of opinions in each neighborhood. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>