Zone Changes

Rezoning Property

A zone change is the process of changing the current zone district to a different zone district. A property owner may choose to request to change the zoning to use their property differently from what the existing zoning allows (e.g., residential vs. commercial).

All proposed commercial, industrial, and residential applications for property exceeding one acre in size must request zone changes to a planned development district or a mixed use zone district. All commercial zone change applications, with the exception of a rezoning to any mixed use district, must be to a planned development district regardless of size.

All requests to rezone property require consideration by City Council at a public hearing, with a recommendation hearing at Planning Commission.