The City of Wheat Ridge has adopted regulations pertaining to the regulation of signs and will often make changes to improve the readability and understanding of the sign code.

Permanent signs such as wall signs or ground mounted (freestanding) signs require a building permit. If painted signs or window/door signs are proposed separately from a larger sign package submittal, then a zoning permit is required.  All sign contractors are required to license with the city prior to erecting any signage, except for painted and window/door signs.